You may have noticed my posted have been rather silent lately. There are two reasons for this. First, I know you all love to see pictures of our smiling angel and I know you want to share in her joy as she experiences the wonders of her new home and my constant commentary can detract from that. Second, I have found myself at a loss for words, a very rare experience for me.
At church last week the sermon was about experiencing the promise of an abundant life. That's is exactly what's going on at our house these days. We are feeling the joy and exhaustion of an abundant life.
Our days are filled with fabulous firsts and dreaded appointments. No offense to our wonderful doctors, but enough already. We are also in the process of special ed testing so Priya will be able to receive vision services through the public school system. During this process we've seen our smiling Priya without her smile. When asked to perform tasks by doctors, nurses or educational testers Priya politely but emphatically replies, "No Thank You."
We are making it through these unpleasant tasks one day at a time. Trying to throw in a some fun stuff in between. Priya still wakes up everyday with a beautiful smile and her delightful, "good morning Mommy" but we will all be glad when these "tests" are over. I have been dropping Lana off at her school while I take Priya to her appointments to make it a little easier on me. Priya is one smart cookie and has figured out the pattern; Lana with us-fun day, just mom and Priya-look out. So today Lana is going with us for her speech/language testing.
I think my loss of words is coming from a feeling that I have so much to share but don't know where to start or what to include. My purpose for this blog was to share our journey with friends and family and take some of the mystery and hopefully fear out of international special needs adoption. I have learned more in the past three months than in any other three month period of my life. I would love to pass some of this along in this forum but so far I haven't had adequate time to process what I've learned so I can put it into words. My hope is that with time it will come. When it does, I will share. In the meantime I will continue to let the pictures tell our story.
Channing- YOU found the words! Well said, Judy Price
ReplyDelete