Friday, October 21, 2011

Priya's Progress


As you can see, Priya got glasses. They help her see much more than we expected and she's really proud of them.

She and Lana are real buddies now. Priya's language and development have progressed to the point that they can really play together. They have been playing house for a few weeks and now they have started playing school. A few minutes of listening to them play reveals much more about their day at school than any question from me could ever elicit.

Priya is doing amazingly well at school. Her teachers report she is extremely attentive and "soaking it up like a sponge." It is awesome (Priya's favorite word) to see how much she learns each day. She is blessed with great teachers who help her get the most out of every lesson and every day.

Her latest accomplishments include reciting her ABC's and her two favorite nursery rhymes, Hickory, Dickory, Dock and Baa, Baa, Black Sheep. Chris has video taped her performing for us (which she loves to do) and I will post some clips as soon as I figure out how to do it (or I can get Quint to stay home long enough to help me).

Although they are great friends, both girls have a competitive streak that you can see in this photo. We are hoping it will help them both to reach their full potential but sometimes it's a bit of a challege for Chris and I to manage, especially around 5:30 pm when we are trying to finish homework (yes, both Kindergarten and Pre-K have homework these days!) and get dinner on the table. Our older two, Luba and Quint, are the two least competitive people I have ever met, so this is a new parenting challenge for us.

Priya adds joy, ethusiasm, and frustration to each day. It reminds me of the feelings I had when teaching Quint to ride his bike without training wheels. We begin each day with the excitement and energy to acomplish the task. By the end of the day we feel the exaustion of trying to keep running along side. I guess this is why most sane people have children when they are young.

No comments:

Post a Comment