Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday





It's Saturday afternoon in Delhi and we are doing fine. We started the day with a nice breakfast at the hotel. I was able to really eat for the first time in quite a while and I really enjoyed the food. Laxmi Priya is eating well but not gorging herself like Lana did at the beginning. She is really enjoying being able to feed herself and loves using a spoon.

We've spent most of the day playing in the room. It's awesome to watch her. She loves to feed her dolls and now she's pretending to put lotion on them (her skin is really dry so I keep putting lotion on her.) I'm trying to give her some time to play alone to see what she'll do. She's a fast learner when I show her how to do something and now she's also starting to take some initiative in her play. Once I started working on the computer she picked up a little box and started pretending to talk on the phone. It was really funny because she hasn't been talking much but when she got on that phone she had a lot to say, she must have been talking to her friends.

Thanks so much to all of you who have commented on our posts. It's great to know you are out there. Please keep those comments coming, your support means the world to me. Especially now that it's just us girls, I'm getting a little lonely.

4 comments:

  1. It's funny how much I live for your posts! Now I know what everyone felt like when we were there! :) I just adore seeing pictures of your girl and have loved the updates. Sorry that you were sick....SO glad that you're better, especially now that Chris is gone. It won't be long, and you'll all be reunited!

    I am Facebook chatting with our friend in Orissa right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (That was me, Sarah, by the way.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am back home now and able to catch up with your blog. How wonderful to see all of you looking so well! It was scary to hear you were sick. We are all counting the days until you get home. Please take care. Can't wait til you get home!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chan,
    It took me a while to figure out how to post. I have been looking everyday for updates on Brian's work laptop. She is adorable and you look so happy. Sorry you were sick. Good luck with the rest of your days there and you will be home soon. Love you karen and family

    ReplyDelete